We’re committed to sustainable tourism and want to make being green as easy as possible for you while you stay with us.
Situated within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Westley Farm comprises 70 acres of mixed pasture and woodland environments. We use local tradesmen, suppliers and craftsmen in the everyday running of both farm and holiday cottage businesses. As part of our efforts to reduce the impact of the business on the environment, we also offer full recycling facilities to our guests.
Here’s what we’re doing to reduce our carbon footprint and make our business as green as we can:
• We encourage our guests to participate in sustainable practices such as;
• Recycling; every cottage has it’s own recycling and composting bins. We separate all your recycling for you (we even recycle batteries and light bulbs) and compost your vegetable waste for our garden
• Buying local produce; We are lucky to have the nations best Farmer’s Market in Stroud every Saturday and we make sure our guests know about it. Every cottage also has details of local places to eat and local food producers. We supply organic milk from our friends’ farm only 2 miles away, offer fruit, veg and eggs from the farm and give guests home made cake every week made with local seasonal ingredients. The tea, coffee and sugar we supply are all fair trade products. We promote local smaller places to visit and attractions on our FaceBook page and website.
• Minimising car use; we offer to take guests to/from local train stations. Every cottage has details of local walks. We have local maps available.
• Cleaning products; we use environmentally friendly cleaning products such as Ecover and Faith in Nature for the cottage guests, bought in bulk from The Ethical Superstore.
• We use local craftsmen and services. Our plumber, electrician, cleaning & gardening team all live locally.
• We always try to REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE