What we provide:
- Communal laundry with free WiFi
- Bread/pizza oven
- Freeview digital colour television
- DVD and access to our movie library
- Gas cooker, electric fridge.
- Oil-fired central heating.
- Communal washing machine & tumble drier (metered)
- Home made cake, pint of local organic milk on arrival. Fair trade sugar, tea and coffee.
- Logs £7 bag.
- Cot & High Chair
- Choice of feather or synthetic pillows and duvets. Extra blankets
- Bed linen and towels.
Our Summer Season runs from April till October. We generally take bookings only for a full week. If a cottage is not booked two weeks in advance we will consider short breaks based on two nights costing half the weekly rent.
In the winter: All cottages available. We take short breaks (Cost: half weekly rent for first two nights; thereafter ten percent of full weekly rate for each extra night)
Arrival & departure
Cottages are ready for you from 4 p.m. on Friday. Please vacate by 10 a.m. on the following Friday to allow time for cleaning.
Dogs are welcome provided they do not chase livestock. We charge £15 per dog per stay.
To make a booking
Contact us to make sure the dates you require are still available. We can then take a provisional booking. We can either send you our brochure and booking form by post or you can print it from our web page (click here). Please then return the form with a deposit of 25% of the cost. We can supply our bank details if you need to do a bank transfer. A contract is deemed to have been made on written confirmation of the receipt of your deposit.
How to get here – see our Find Us page
The weather: The Gloucestershire climate is temperate with least rainfall between April and July, as can be seen on the graph to the below:
Cotswold Yurts have 4 luxury yurts for hire.
There are also lots of level areas between the brambles ideal for a few nights rough camping. We charge £5 per head per night. Do not expect showers or loo.
A high-profile cabinet minister spent a miserable rainy night here under canvas and went away smiling.
If you cancel 3 months or more before holiday: no penalty and immediate refund of deposit. If you cancel 1 month or more before holiday :deposit refunded if property is re-let less cost of re-letting. If you cancel less than 1 month before holiday: deposit is forfeited. Full cost of rental will be charged if property is not re-let.. Outstanding debt is liable to 5% interest charge per month.
This is what you will find in:
- Cooker (calor gas)
- Fridge, Microwave
- rubbish bin, pan & brush, broom, vacuum cleaner
- electric kettle, toaster,
- table-cloth, 2 drying towels, washing up liquid, surface cleaner, sponge
- washing-up brush, washing-up bowl, spare light bulbs, clothes pegs
- dinner plates, side plates, soup bowls, cereal bowls, mugs, tea cups & saucers, wine glasses, sherry glasses, champagne flutes, tumblers, eggcups, tea pot, tea strainer, coffee pot, sugar bowl, butter dish, jugs, toast rack
- frying pans, assorted saucepans, colander, casserole dish, assorted bowls, vegetable dish, bread board, tray, measuring jug, oven gloves, salad spinner
- knives (large and desert), forks (large and desert), spoons (soup and desert), tea spoons, assorted cooking & bread knives,
- sieve, serving spoons, bottle opener, corkscrew, tin opener, rolling pin, potato peeler, potato masher, ladle, fish slice, grater, scissors, whisk, wooden spoons
- Shaver point
- bath mat
- liquid hand soap
- toilet paper x3
- disposal bin
- toilet brush and cleaning materials
- Freeview digital colour television
- basket of logs, kindling, firelighters
- Books, games, local information leaflet
- Duvet and 2 pillows per person
- extra blanket
- bed-side lights, chair
- waste bin
This is what you can buy
- Bags of logs
You will have access to: Communal washing machine & tumble drier.
On arrival we give you a warm welcome, tea making facilities including pint of milk, cake/biscuits.
Come and see us at the farmhouse, then we will show you in to your cottage and go through things like how the heating works with you. You are welcome to visit us any time with questions or if you just fancy a chat!